How to install the Ciara x Salesforce integration.
Part 1 - Create Ciara Button in Salesforce
- In your Salesforce account, go to "Setup" and click "Object Manager"
- Select "Contact" / "Leads" / "Opportunities" / "Account" (depending on where you want to integrate the Ciara button and save your call notes) from the list in the left menu bar
- In the left menu bar, click "Buttons, Links, and Actions"
- Select the "New button or link" button on the top right
- Fill in "Label" and "Name"
- Select Display Type "Detail Page Button"
- Select Behavior "Display in new window"
- Select Content Source "URL"
- Add the Ciara/Salesforce Integration Link to the text field
(Please copy/paste the link by highlighting it from left to right - otherwise, symbols in the link will change and the set up won't work)
When connecting with "Contacts"
When connecting with "Leads"
When connecting with "Opportunities"
When connecting with "Accounts"
Part 2 - Setup Page Layout
- In the left menu bar, click "Page Layouts"
- Select Contact Layout "Mobile & Lightning Actions"
- Select the "Start Ciara" Button and move it to the yellow "Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions" box via drag & drop
That's it! Now you're ready to go and can start calls with Ciara directly from your Salesforce account and push your notes into the CRM.
Part 3 - Install the Salesforce Skill in the Ciara App via the Skill Store
In your Ciara account, click on the "Skill Store" icon in the "Your Ciara Skills" Section.
Go to "Skills" - "CRM" - "Salesforce, and click on the "Connect" button in the top right corner.
Part 4 - Configure the Salesforce Skill
To be able to work with the Ciara x Salesforce integration you need to configure it first. The configuration consists of two steps. To start with it, just click on the Salesforce icon in the Ciara skill section on the Dashboard.
Now, connect Ciara to your Salesforce account by clicking on the blue "Connect" button on the top right.
Finally before starting your calls with the Ciara x Salesforce integration, manage which objects and fields can be viewed and modified during a call. In your Ciara account, click on the Salesforce icon in the "Your Ciara Skills" section. Click on "Manage" in the "Objects & Fields" box.
You now can select which objects can be edited during a call by clicking on the blue "+" sign (only visible when hovering over an object). This only has to be done once for the whole team.
How to use the Ciara x Salesforce integration.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any troubles connecting Ciara with your Salesforce account.